Urban Info Kiosk
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Urban Info Kiosk
Urban Info Kiosk is a prototype touch-screen device delivering important information to the public. The Urban Info Kiosk prototype will tour Pittsburgh and offer features including bus route information and schedules, interactive city maps, a calendar of events, news feeds and weather updates.
Raising public awareness of Pittsburgh's amenities and attractions as well as providing practical and timely information on demand is important to increasing the city's usability for both visitors and residents.
Proposals are not limited to this description and may also include programmatic elements, websites, marketing, and other activities that enhance the effectiveness of the initiative.
Urban Info Kiosk should:
- Develop a prototype information interface for public installation
- Provide key information in a straightforward way with universal usability
- Be weather resistant, deter vandalism, and integrate easily into a number of urban environments (mobility is also a concern)
- Consider (as a starting point) the following features for potential inclusion:
- Interactive, multilingual, touch screen interface
- City maps with points of interest
- Public transit routes and schedules
- Calendar of events
- News feed and weather alerts
- An emergency call box
Project Managers will be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Production of a working prototype
- Presentation and/or placement of prototype in a high-traffic public space in the community
Funding for this project will cover the development and promotion of a working prototype kiosk. Sprout will consider funding requests of up to $30,000 for this project.
Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Sprout Fund invites community members to submit their approach to this proposed project, one of five identified during the Engage Pittsburgh initiative. Proposals should present an innovative and effective realization of the idea described in this request. If awarded, the successful project team will be engaged to implement their proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the answers to the questions asked and each applicant’s ability to fulfill the project requirements and achieve the desired outcomes described in the RFP.
PROPOSALS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 5PM THURSDAY MAY 24, 2007.
|Download the RFP and Application Materials in Adobe PDF Format||71.38 KB|
|Download the RFP and Application Materials in Microsoft Word Format||294.5 KB|
|Download the Budget in Microsoft Excel||21 KB|