Hot Spot Signs
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Hot Spot Signs
Hot Spot Signs is a network of promotional signs directing people to Pittsburgh destinations otherwise left off the map. Focusing on local legends, community landmarks, famous sites, and other homegrown attractions, Hot Spot Signs will gather data from the street-level and promote the unique character of Pittsburgh’s distinct neighborhoods. This campaign will require the collaborative effort of designers, marketers, and community stakeholders to be truly effective.
Hot Spot Signs will engage everyday Pittsburghers in the selection of local sites to be designated and included in a “Hot Spots” promotional network. Hot Spot Signs will give the participating communities the chance to announce their neighborhood character and draw in visitors with their own unique attractions.
Proposals are not limited to this description and may also include programmatic elements, websites, marketing, and other activities that enhance the effectiveness of the initiative.
Hot Spot Signs should:
- Develop a method for gathering information from the community to identify and evaluate sites
- Produce a comprehensive catalog of famous Pittsburgh sites
- Define an initial set of Hot Spots to be included in the pilot network
- Design unique and engaging signage
- Be installed with the endorsement and/or permission of community stakeholders and business owners with featured establishments
- Be promoted throughout Pittsburgh and the surrounding communities of Allegheny County
Project Managers will be responsible for the following outcomes:
- Catalog of sites culled from the community
- Design, production, and installation of Hot Spot Signs throughout the city
- Integrated promotion of the signs as a branded network
- Methods for updating and expanding the network
Funding for this project will cover a data gathering campaign, the design and production of the signs, and promotion of the network. Sprout will consider funding requests of up to $15,000 for this project.
Request for Proposals (RFP)
The Sprout Fund invites community members to submit their approach to this proposed project, one of five identified during the Engage Pittsburgh initiative. Proposals should present an innovative and effective realization of the idea described in this request. If awarded, the successful project team will be engaged to implement their proposal.
Proposals will be evaluated according to the answers to the questions asked and each applicant’s ability to fulfill the project requirements and achieve the desired outcomes described in the RFP.
PROPOSALS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN 5PM THURSDAY MAY 24, 2007.
|Download the RFP and Application Materials in Adobe PDF Format||71.26 KB|
|Download the RFP and Application Materials in Microsoft Word Format||295 KB|
|Download the Budget in Microsoft Excel||21 KB|